Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Those sneeky B@#@&

Date:7/30/08
Time:11:20pm
Place:home desk
temp: 98.5 F

Lets do a simple psychological association test. For those of you that don't know what that is, an association test is where I say a word and you say the first thing that comes to mind. Ready?

Music.....OK, I pegged you more of a Miley Cyrus fan but lets move on
Cup.........what does that have to do with a cup? moving on
Stain.......I have to say, that surprises me. OK two more
Pickle......Thats something I really didn't need to know, or thought possible, last one
Windows Vista.....I knew you'd say that.

The reason for this test is this. Most people when confronted with windows vista will say the operating system is horrible. Ask them why and 84% will start of their listings of problems with the words "I heard." Now I'm not saying Vista is boss or that its the shyte. What I am saying is that it's interesting how much people tend to go with the flow. Windows did an experiment. They took about over a hundred people and asked them what they thought about windows vista. Almost everyone trashed the operating system saying it was slow and unreliable. Then they were shown an operating system called mojave. Those same people that trashed vista gave mojave rave reviews The said it was fast and looked good. Then microsoft dropped the bomb by admitting that mojave was actually windows vista. Those same people that where complaining about vista were praising it when they thought it was something else. I've included a link to the experiment here http://mojaveexperiment.com/ . Not to be a hypocrite but my laptop originally came with Vista and I loved it but I had to get rid of it. Trust me when I say Vista is better than XP. It really is. It has a customizable everything, you can literally tweek every feature to tailor to your needs. The feature I liked most was the live search bar on the top of windows explorer and the customizable left side panel. Now the problem is that all these new features do use up system resources. XP doesn't have all these features so it uses less system resources. In this respect xp is faster but thats like saying A car would be faster and waste less gas if you get rid of the AC. This is true but an AC is well worth the sacrifice in speed and fuel economy. The reason that I had to get rid of vista was that vista dose not play well with XP. I have a desktop at home that holds all my files ( music, movies, ect) It literally took me days to figure out how to get Vista to even see my desktop on my network. I then had the problem of my file transfer rate between machines being about 10 mbs when I have 100 mbs connections. I have over 1,000 gigs of stuff on my desktop and you can see how a transfer rate of 10 mbs just will not cut it. Also some of the programs I had to use for class didn't work on Vista. so besides the networking issues vista is a better operating issue.

and vista saves kittens.

No comments: