Thursday, July 10, 2008

Worst book ever

Time:11:49 pm
Date: 7/10/08
Place: My living room couch
Pants: none

One book I absolutely despise is "A separate peace", by John Knowles's. I blame public schools for todays youths lack of enthusiasm for reading. I was force fed this crap in high school and it completely turned me off to reading. this book is so boring it makes bingo night at the elderly home seem like a night on the Vegas strip. What they fail to realize is kids like reading, just not the boring stuff they make us read in school. I mean schools force kids to read something like this then ask why kids rather watch T.V. or stare at the wall then pick up a book. Only one teacher has gotten the equation right. That was my 10th grade English teacher. He had a book for almost every genre and he let us pick what we wanted to read. Then the people who picked the same book from the list got together to discuss it. Book reports and test followed but hey we actually read the books so they were a breeze.

For those of you who haven't read the book here is a synopses, Chapter 1. My name is Gene, I'm a quite kid with no self esteem and a bit of a douche bag. Chapter 2 I'm going to an all boys boarding school. am I pissed off at my parents for robing me of experiencing 4 years of cheerleaders, fast girls, and kick ass parties, of course not I'm gay (even though I don't come out and say it). Chapter 3 So I met this guy today and he is so awesome...I wish I was that awesome. Why is he so awesome and I'm not. I'm depressed. I bet Phineas never gets depressed, on account of he's so awesome. I bet if i had a name like Phineas I'd be the awesome guy around campus. Chapter4 Apparently the only thing to do around campus is to jump off of a tree into a river and conduct late night meetings in bath robes...I love this place. Chapter5 Oh my god, I pushed Phineas off of the tree today I don't know why i did it I just did I was just so mad that he's so cool and I'm not. I feel really guilty. chapter6 still feeling guilty...chapter7 still feeling guilty...chapters 8 through 10 yep still feeling guilty. chapter 12 So the guys in robes came and kidnapped me I was excited till I found out they were holding a trial to see if I hurt Phineas on purpose. Phineas lied for me and said he slipped. wow what an awesome guy....I hate him why can't I be that cool. Chapter 13 Phineas got an operation on his broken leg and died. Now i really feel like crap. oh well look on the bright side at least this book will have no sequel.

so you pretty much get the picture...the book is boring.

No comments: